Home-Start's volunteers are a lifeline for families and there are lots of ways to get involved. You can visit parents and children in their homes, help run a support group, act as a trustee, help fundraise volunteer to help in one of our charity shops and so much more. You will be trained and supported by skilled Home-Start staff and you could turn a family's life around.
Whatever way you volunteer for us you will:
- Make a difference to parents and children facing great difficulties.
- Give something back to your local community.
- Perhaps return the support you once received from Home-Start.
- Share a similar experience.
You may also benefit yourself, through:
- Better health and well-being;
- Improved personal and skills development;
- Improved chances for work and more self-confidence.
- Preparing to return to work or to progress your career.
- Doing something amazing with your spare time.
We offer the training experience which people say is invaluable and also enjoyable. All new volunteers attend our well respected training course to fully prepare them for their role within Home-Start.
Where possible, Home-Start tries to match the volunteer's skills and experiences to the needs of the family they support. For example, a volunteer who has experienced post-natal depression or has twins would ideally be placed with a family in a similar situation.
- We offer you the opportunity to join a team of like minded people.
- We offer you the opportunity to use this as an experience to test if you would like to make a career in this field.
- We offer you the opportunity to make a difference within your local community.
- We offer you the opportunity to feel your own self worth by acknowledging your own skills, experience and knowledge.
- We offer you a professional supervision and management programme whilst supporting families.
What do we ask of you?
- We ask that you commit to the training programme of one day per week for 7 weeks.
- We ask that you commit at least six months, preferably twelve, months to being a Home-start Mid Suffolk volunteer.
- We ask that you open up your minds and thoughts to the training programme - consider attitudes and aspects of our own behaviour in order to provide the best support we can for families.
- We ask that you commit that learning into a non-judgemental attitudes that provides the best possible service to our families.
Would you like to apply?
If you have read this far and would like to apply or get more information, then please do get in touch or request a volunteer application pack to be sent via email or post.
Alternatively Download an application form here in either pdf or word format and then attach the completed form to an email, pop it in the post or bring it in person which would be great as we would love to see you.
We have three different application forms, one is a general, home visiting and group application form, another is if you are interested in becoming a trustee and the third is if you want to be a shop only volunteer.
General/Home-Visiting And Group Volunteer Forms
Trustee Volunteer Forms
Shop Only Volunteer Forms